Green Machines making a difference!
"ENERGY STAR products use less energy, save more money on electric bills and help protect the environment."
Imagine a world where everyone worked together to help save the environment. Imagine the tools and technology to do so readily available. It's not so hard to imagine. At S&W, we have appliances that can help you accomplish this goal. See how, together we can make a difference.
View All Energy Star Products
Shop by Category
Energy Star Air ConditionersView All
Energy Star DehumidifiersView All
Energy Star FreezersView All
ENERGY STAR Educational Tips
Find more educational tips at www.getenergysmart.org
- ENERGY STAR qualified dishwashers use up to 30% less energy than the federal minimum standard for energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR qualified clothes washers use half the amount of water that standard washers use, saving between 8,000 - 11,000 gallons per year. They are also cheaper to operate and use up to 30% less energy than standard models.
- In most households, the refrigerator is the single biggest energy consuming kitchen appliance. Replacing a refrigerator bought in 1990 with a new ENERGY STAR qualified model would save enough energy to light the average household for nearly four months.
- An ENERGY STAR qualified dehumidifier removes the same amount of moisture as a similarly-sized standard unit, but with more efficient refrigeration coils, fans and compressors, and uses up to 20% less energy. By keeping the air dry, mold and mildew growth is decreased.
Room Air Conditioners
- If every room air conditioner sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR qualified, it would prevent 1.3 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emissions - the equivalent of emissions from 115,000 cars.
Room Air Cleaners
- ENERGY STAR qualified room air cleaners are 35% more energy-efficient than standard models. These savings could add up to $150 over the life of the air cleaner.