Commercial-grade, Thru-the-wall, Perfect Fit for a 27" Sleeve
Whether you're replacing an existing air conditioner or working on a project that requires a more permanent installation, WallMaster is a perfect fit for existing 27" sleeves. Once installed, there is no discernible gap between the unit and the sleeve creating a clean, finished appearance and minimal intrusion of outdoor air.
Built with the best commercial-grade materials and components, WallMaster is durable yet quiet. Its solid-side sleeve assures maximum performance in thicker wall applications and gives you multiple installation options. Plus, the Baffle Adapter Kit expands the depth of sleeves that can accommodate WallMaster.
Choose from cooling-only, cooling with electric heat or a heat pump, including ENERGY STAR® qualified models. All WallMasters come with a wireless remote plus convenient top-mount controls, a 24-hour programmable timer, an energy-efficient MoneySaver® setting and many other premium features.Commercial-grade components, superior construction
WallMaster is constructed with quality materials and rugged components that contribute to its longevity and quiet performance. Components and Construction
- Fan motors: Robust, commercial-grade and totally enclosed fan motors run at lower temperatures to prevent overheating
- Non-rusting aluminum endplates: Won't leave rusty condensate collecting in the drain pan and will prevent unsightly rust stains on buildings
- High-tech, rifled copper tubing and slit fins: Greater surface area creates maximum heat exchange efficiency
- Heavy 20-gauge steel cabinet: Strong and durable
- Solid sleeve top: Protects the fan from falling debris that can damage the unit
- Insulated plenum: Prevents outside air intrusion
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection uses a steel retaining wire to secure the chassis to the sleeve
Designed specifically for thicker wall installations
- High-efficiency compressor: Mounted on large, vibration-absorbing grommets
- Extra-thick rubber grommets: Absorb motion and sound
- Motor mount with dual resilient rings: Prevents metal-to-metal contact that can cause noise and vibration
- Solid steel blower wheel housing: Provides maximum sound reduction
Unlike solid-side thru-the-wall air conditioners, window air conditioners have side vents. Covering an air conditioner's side air vents can restrict air flow, diminish performance and potentially void your warranty so we strongly advise against it. Our solid-side sleeve has no side vents. You can install it through walls up to 15 5/16" deep without compromising performance. See the model specifications for specific sleeve measurements. Flexible options
WallMaster fits perfectly with any 27"Wx16 3/4"Hx16 3/4"D sleeve, including Friedrich's WSE sleeve and Fedders' A sleeve. It also can be installed in Fedders' 19 3/4" B sleeve with the available Baffle Adapter Kit (BAK, see accessories). The unit can be mounted flush with an exterior wall or closer to the interior wall for a slimmer indoor profile. And the optional architectural grille enhances the unit's exterior appearance. Models for a variety of commercial applications
WallMaster has models for any climate. Choose cooling-only, cooling plus electric heat, or a heat pump.
What's the difference between electric heat and a heat pump"
- Cooling-only: Provides air conditioning without supplemental heat. Galvanized steel inner- and outer-weather panels (included with WSE sleeves) block cold winter air.
- Cooling with electric heat: Provides air conditioning and electric heat in a single unit. Ideal in regions with colder winter temperatures.
- Heat pump: Provides air conditioning and high-efficiency heating in a single unit. At peak efficiency heat pumps use 1/3 of the electricity used by an electric heat unit. Heat pumps are an excellent choice in regions where the average winter temperature remains above 45° F.
Electric heat, also known as electric resistance heat, is created when an element inside the unit is heated by an electric current. A fan sends the heat directly from the unit into the room; your hair dryer works the same way. Electric heat can be more comfortable in climates where the average winter temperature is below 45° F.
A heat pump is an air conditioner that can run in reverse to provide heat. In air conditioning mode, it removes heat from the indoor air and expels it outside. In heating mode, it extracts heat from the outdoor air and uses it to heat your indoor space. At peak efficiency, heat pumps use 1/3 of the electricity used by an electric heat unit. However, heat pumps heat most comfortably and efficiently when the average winter temperature stays above 45° F. They are not well suited to, or as energy efficient in, colder climates.
These are important operational differences that can impact your energy bill. Consider the average winter temperature in your area and consult your energy supplier about costs before you buy. Available in cooling-only, cooling plus electric heat and heat pump models
Comfort and Durability
- Cooling: 8000 to 14500 Btu/h
- Heating: 7300 to 11000 Btu/h
- New design makes controls more accessible
- Remote control
- 24-hour timer
- Smart Fan auto-adjusts fan speed to maintain desired temperature
- Check filter reminder
- 3-speed fan
- Electronic defrost control
- Individually adjustable air louvers
- Washable, antimicrobial filter
- Rotary Compressor provides quiet, dependable performance
- Premium aluminum exterior grille
- Dense blower insulation blocks outdoor noise
- Rifled copper tubing
- Impact resistant front cover
- High tech fins with sine wave lanced louvers increase energy efficiency by increasing surface area for heat exchange
Maintenance and Installation
- MoneySaver® setting cycles the fan with the compressor
- ENERGY STAR® qualified models
- R-410A refrigerant
Safety and Security
- Mounts flush with exterior wall or closer to the interior wall for a slimmer indoor appearance
- Ideal for thicker wall installations, where side fins don't fit
- Firm grip handles on the chassis for easy installation and removal from wall sleeve
- Adjustable louvers direct the air flow where you need it
- A direct replacement for 27" sleeves including Fedders A and B*. Sleeve measures 27" W x 16 3/4" H
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection secures chassis to sleeve to deter 'kick-in' intrusion
- Power cord current leakage protected
- Insect barrier
- UL listed for safe operation
* Installation in Fedders B sleeve requires a Baffle Adapter Kit. See BAK under Accessories.